Chernihiv Regional Philharmonic is located in the former building of Mykolaiv Diocesan Brotherhood. During the construction the Chapel of Alexander Nevsky, built in 1870, was included into the overall ensemble of the building. From 1932 and till the beginning of World War II in the building Chernihiv Ukrainian Music and Drama Theatre named after T. Shevchenko was located. It was burnt in August (1941) during the German bombing. It was rebuilt after the war with the superstructure of the third floor above the former chapel. It is the sample of Neorussian style architecture, which was common in the late XIXth and early XXth centuries. Philharmonic is located in the building since 1964.